I wanted to make a small experiment to find out your memory. Do this little experiment seriously. Are you ready? If so, try to memorize words below within 90 seconds! All you have to memorize the words and also the sequence. The word order should not be reversed. Now you are ready hour. See hours and … start …
After 90 seconds, you do not immediately write down what you just memorize. All you have to do is continue to read for about 2-3 minutes, only then you write down what works you remember.
How do you score? How much can you remember? Can you remember the five words, 10 words or is it? If you score well, I congratulate to you. If you score poorly, I also congratulate. Well why not? Because by doing this little experiment, now you begin to realize the situation and strength of your memory. Once you know these conditions, you can improve your memory. Then how?
The better the way we receive, process and store, we also will be easier to recall the data we have saved it. Then why we are easily forgotten or hard to remember the information we need? The real problem is not why we had difficulty remembering, but how we enter information into our memory. How strong and accurate information is embedded in our memory. If we include only the information already experiencing difficulties, do not expect we can easily recall the data.
Then the next question is, “Is your memory can be improved? The answer, “It can, provided we know how and we are willing to train the muscle memory.” There is a memory technique that we can use to help improve our memory. Memory technique is a technique of entering information into the brain according to how the brain works. Because the method used in line with the way the brain operates and functions and it will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the brain absorb and store information.
The brain is like going to things that are:
- It is unreasonable / excessive extremes
- Full color
- Multi-sensory (involving more than one of the five senses)
- Engaging the emotions
- Engaging rhythm or music
- Active Measures
- Draw three-dimensional and live / active
- Using association
- The number and sequence
Why? There are several techniques that are effective, but currently only one technique alone will be discussed, namely the word chain techniques. As the name implies, in this technique we interchain or connect the words that we want memorized. We connect / interchain the word to make a story. But before we try this technique, please note there are several requirements that must be met in making a good short story that can enhance our memory. Terms major is we have to remember what is favored by the brain, which is 14 points I mentioned above. Other Conditions:
1. Make a story which contains an action / action
2. Avoid changing shapes / objects that we memorized
3. Do not add other objects
4. KISS (Keep It Super Simple)
5. When you create a story that contains the image of the word / object that wants dihapal, try to close your eyes while you direct the eye toward the upper left.
Now, after understanding the requirement to make a good chain said, let’s practice using this technique. Now I ask you to re-memorized the following words.
Do the following:
- Imagine your house. Having a clear picture of your house look inside your mind, imagine the house you have a strong hand.
- Houses were later picked up the warehouse.
- This warehouse and then thrown on a Boeing, just crushing the head of the aircraft. You imagine the plane who was groaning in pain, panting.
- Aircraft, using his hands, grasping for something and it found bazooka.
- The aircraft fired warehouse using bazooka. Unfortunately, the shot missed and hit a mountain. Bazooka shots caused a large hole in the mountain.
- From the mountain out of a lot of pigeons.
- Pigeons fly looking for a new home and chose to stay at the hotel.
- It turned out that inside the hotel there is the Ocean who are planning evil deeds.
- After the plan matured, the Ocean go to Jakarta.
- Ocean to bomb American facilities.
Now you already know one effective technique to memorize. So why bother to memorize anymore, now memorize can be fun. Good luck.