Computer or PC has almost become a primary need at this time, because of advances in technology demand that we participate in it. For those who already have a Computer or PC please to be treated, must not just use them .. They do also have a heart hehehe …. They mean that electronic goods that can be broken at any time, so they need care.
It is better if we know how to treat the computer so that before the computer was broken, we are hard-very hard to take care of our computer, but if it had been broken time how ya want more, here are some tips for caring for your computer
- Clean the motherboard and other peripherals (hardware) of dust on a regular basis. To clean we can use soft brushes of small and medium size. At least once every two months this should be done. Open the casing first and then clean the motherboard and other peripherals (RAM, Video Card, Modem, Sound Card, CDR / CDRW / DVRW, TV tuner) with a soft brush. At the time the computer is not used close the computer (monitor, CPU, keyboard / mouse) with a cover so that dust does not easily fit into a computer.
- Uninstall or remove programs that are not useful. Disk space consumed too much will slow down the read / write drive so that the workload will be heavier so that the disk will be easily damaged. Usually will appear warning also our disk space is full. Windows operating systems already support will be something like this
- Clean the Recycle Bin on a regular basis. Actually the files / folders that we deleted from the hard drive does not disappear because it will be accommodated first in the Recycle Bin, but there are several types of settings that we can use, among others, provide a warning when deleting, remove and then store it temporarily or permanently removed. For settings that remove and then stored in these shelters with the intention for a moment if you still need to return again. Recycle Bin that has a lot of hard drive will also take up space that could lead to reading the hard drive so slow. How to run Windows Explorer>> click the Recycle Bin>> click File>> click Empty Recycle Bin. Or you can run the Disk Cleanup function Way Click Start>> Programs>> Accessories>> System Tools> Disk Cleanup>> then select the drive which will be cleaned>> after that Tick the Recycle Bin option if you need to also check the other (such as temporary files, temporary internet files), after click OK.
- Install anti-virus program and update regularly. To be able to recognize new virus/trojan2 should update your antivirus program regularly. The virus is already spreading on the computer can make you re-install the computer. This is in addition to costs will also cause your hard drive will be more easily damaged than if it is not often re-installed. It’s good that we deactivate system restore by right clicking My Computer>> select System Restore>> and then check the check box by Turn off System Restore on all drives information
- Close / close programs that do not use every program which is loaded or run requires memory (RAM) so that more courses which run who consumed more memory. This is in addition can cause the computer to run slow (slow) is also becoming heavier workload which can ultimately shorten the life of the component / computer
- Use UPS or stavolt. Use a UPS for power in anticipation of a sudden death which can result in damage to the hard drive. If I have no UPS, use Stavolt to anticipate the ups and downs of electric voltage.
- Activate the screensaver is aesthetic addition, the screensaver has another function which is important. CRT televisions also use a phosphor to display images. If the monitor displays the same image for a while then there is the phosphorus that burns continuously. This can lead to problematic monitor the picture becomes dim / less clear. Another case if your monitor is LCD, the LED which is equipped with energy saving, the screen saver is not needed anymore. How to activate the screensaver can be done in many ways, one click Start>> Control Panel>> Display>> click the screensaver tab, then select your liking.
- Defrag your hard drive regularly. Defrag function is to organize and sort your files by type of hard drive files / data in such a way that will facilitate the read / write so that the workload will be lighter which could ultimately extend the life of the hard disk. How to click the Start menu> Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Disk Defragmenter When running this function there can be no other programs running including screen because it would disrupt the function of this defrag. For this method advisable not too often, why….? Defrag is the process of setting the file on the hard disk. To set it to be in a position adjacent to the tracks that made friction to move. Defrag that is too often will cause the hard disk easily damaged because frequent etching.
- Place adequate ventilation monitor and the CPU in such a way that the ventilation air to and from the monitor / CPU quite smoothly. Who lack good ventilation will cause excessive heat so that the components / electronic circuit in it will be a fast heat so it can shorten component life it’s. Therefore, try to distance between the monitor / CPU with wall / wall of at least 30 cm. If I need to install a fan in the room. It would be better if using air conditioning
- Active Speakers Do not put too close to the monitor, because the magnetic field on the monitor speacker will affect the color monitor to be uneven or mottled.
- Connect the ground wires. If the casing resulting in shock, take a cable with a length as needed, the tip of an entity associated with the CPU (the casing) while the other end planted in the soil. This will be to neutralize the electric currents which “stray” so it can make more durable electronic components.